Looking for the perfect sweet treat to impress your loved ones? Whether you want to show your appreciation for your girlfriend/ boyfriend, husband/wife, best friends, sister, brother, mum/dad or whoever it is this recipe will go down a treat! It’s simple and quick so is ideal for beginners or for those short on time!
110g caster sugar
(optional 1 tsp vanilla extract)
110g self raising flour
1-2 tbsp milk
For butter icing:
280g icing sugar
1-2 tbsp milk
Food colouring of your choice! Here I have used pink! Add this drop by drop and mix until you reach the colour you desire!
Decoration (here I have used chocolate hearts bought from co-op)
- Heat oven to 180 degrees
- Cream together the margarine and sugar
- Beat in the eggs (add vanilla)
- Add the sifted flour and milk and mix!
- Place mixture into cupcake cases (fill them around 3/4 full)
- Bake for 10-15 mins
- For icing cream together the butter and icing sugar. Add the milk if needed to loosen mixture slightly. Then pipe the icing onto the cupcakes and add decoration!
Be creative with these! See what edible decorations are available in supermarkets and design them to your liking! Try out different piping techniques and different nozzle shapes for the icing! Your loved ones will truly appreciate the effort and thought put into these rather than just grabbing some baked goods from a local shop so get the oven turned on now and get baking!!
Alternatively, why not turn this into a date with your partner or a fun activity with your best friend and make them together with your favourite music blasting. Enjoy them served with a cup of tea or a glass (or bottle) of wine in hand!