This has got to be a lot of peoples all time favourite desert! It’s rich and gooey and just pure delicious! I normally serve mine with vanilla ice cream or cream – make sure to heat up your pudding and sauce before eating!
I used Tanya Burrs recipe here, but added dates for my own twist on it!
75g softened salted butter
150g dark muscovado sugar
150ml full fat milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
200g self raising flour
200g finely chopped dates
For the sauce:
100g dark brown muscovado sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup
200ml double cream
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Grease and line the bottom of a cake tin
- In a bowl cream together the butter and sugar
- Add in the eggs, milk and vanilla extract and mix to form a smooth cake mixture. Then add in the chopped dates and mix
- Place the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 30-40 minutes (until golden and a knife should come out clean when placed in the middle of the cake – if the middle still seems under cooked but the top is beginning to burn place some grease proof paper over the top of the cake to help prevent it burning more)
- To make to sauce melt the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a saucepan over a low heat – once melted remove from heat and add in the cream
- Allow the cake to cool and then remove from the tin before cutting into slices – serve by heating the cake in the oven for a few minutes at 180 degrees, and by heating the sauce in a pan over a low heat!
This desert isn’t too difficult to make and would impress guests at a dinner party or family for a weekend treat! Enjoy baking and I hope your sticky toffee pudding turns out delicious!