So, tomorrow is that special day where we celebrate our Mother’s and all they’ve done for us! Being a student I am not very wealthy and although I would love to spend lots of money on special things for my mum to show her how much I truly appreciate her I just cannot afford it! AND most importantly money isn’t everything! it’s the thought that counts and often the most meaningful gifts are those that don’t cost much! My Mum’s favourite baked good I make is by far shortbread! So, this year I decided to secretly make a batch of shortbread and put it in a cute little jar ready for tomorrow! If you’re stuck for ideas why not try this one! Or even make whatever baked good is your Mother’s favourite and put it in a cute little jar or box! You can buy glass jars and boxes in most homeware places!
I followed the Be-Ro recipe for this! It’s super simple and quick!
250g plain flour
75g caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Mix the flour and sugar together
- Add in the butter and mix (I used a food processor to make this easier)
- Once a dough has formed roll out and use whatever shaped cutters to cut out shortbread biscuits
- Grease a baking tray and place the dough cut outs onto the tray
- (Optional: use a fork to make patterns in the dough of the biscuits). Then sprinkle sugar on top of the biscuits
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Then allow to cool and place in your choice of jar/box; Add a label with some string and that’s it!
I hope this has given you some Mother’s Day inspiration to treat your mum to a sweet treat! After all they definitely deserve it!