This is a delicious, fresh zingy cake, perfect for a Summer time treat or pudding after a family BBQ!
170g self raising flour
170g caster sugar
170g unsalted butter
Zest of 2 lemons
1 tsp baking powder
Juice of 2 lemons
100g icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Mix sugar and butter and then add in eggs
- Add flour, zest of 2 lemons and baking powder and mix
- Place mixture in a greased and lined cake tin and bake for around 35 minutes, then leave to cool
- Mix juice of lemons and icing sugar
- Make holes in the cake and pour the lemon and icing sugar mixture over the cake
This cake is truly scrummy! You can decorate it to your liking with slices of lemon on top, or even ice the cake to your desire!